Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chapter 5: Moving from the hotel room to Geary's house

He calls a number from the newspaper laying on a bed in a hotel room. The phone rings eight times. The last ring happens very close to the ring before it. The answering machine picks up.

He thinks this voice sounds drunk. 'Hi, you have reached Geary. Leave a message and I'll get back to you.'

He leaves a message, 'Hello. My name is Lee Killen, and I am calling about the room for rent in your house. I have just flown in from overseas, and I am staying in a hotel right now. I have references, willing to put money down right away. I just want to have a place.'

He goes to sleep in the hotel bed with the tv on. When he wakes up there is a message. 'Hi. Lee. This is Geary, you called about the room for rent. Your message was convincing enough. I know how hard it is to find a place and I am willing to arrange something with you right away.

He checks out of the hotel and calls Geary.

1 comment:

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq said...

Two Tears Boye....

I have the heart of America pumping within my chest.

I have the soul of the people.

Exploding off of my arrows.